100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Toys!

Have you ever been to a rummage sale or flea market and you see a toy that you used to have as a kid? Do you ever feel a wave of nostalgia run over you and you think "I remember that! I loved that toy as a kid!" Well, reason number 52 to have a kid - now you get to actually buy those toys and relive your own childhood! Huzzah! We went antiquing with Grandma and Grandpa Neumann today when I saw three of my favorite toys from when I was a kid. So naturally, I had to buy two of them (the third was missing most of the pieces - what's the point?!) So, even though it'll be a while until Buster plays with them - I'm most happy with my finds.


The first is a playdesk with a chalkboard and magnetic letters. You put stencils of words down (like dog) and fill it in either with the chalk or with the letters. Amazing! i didn't even realize I was learning with this toy when I was a kid...but when I saw it, I knew Buster had to have it:

The second toy I found is the coolest record player ever known to man. Both Jimmy and I had it. It comes with 5 multicolored records. You wind up the record player and presto! Instant music!


I'm so excited, I can't wait until Buster can play with these toys! And best of all - they don't require batteries! Now, how many toys can you say that about these days??



No comments: