100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sleep and Poop

Any new parent can tell you a strange thing happens when you have a baby. Your life seems to revolve around two main things - sleep and poop. Ask me on any given day how the baby is doing and I'll likely respond with "Well, last night he slept X amount of hours, but the night before it was only X amount." The reason for this one is simple - the more he sleeps, the more I get to sleep. But it's strange nonetheless. Even stranger is my newfound fascination with poop. I'm not kidding when I tell you that Jim and I have had 15 minute long conversations about our son's poop (I'll save you the details, but let's just say it was a truly awesome and physically impossible poop.) The first question I ask when I pick him from the babysitter "Did he poop? What did it look like? Did he sleep at all???" This fascination with sleep and poop is probably one of the stranger things that have happened to me since having a baby.

No comments: