100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Sad days

Why is that whenever we have company James decides to act like a yahoo? (Aside - note I said James and not Buster. Here's the problem - he thinks Buster is his real name. Whoops! No more nicknames for a while!) Our friends Kyle and Molly came over on Sunday for a day of football (yea Packers! Boo Colts!) All morning James was in a solid mood - we napped on the sofa for a while, we played, we laughed, we cooed. Then at 11:00 all hell broke loose. I'm not kidding. It's like a switch was flipped. One minute he was laughing and playing in his exersaucer, the next he was determined never to be happy again. So...Jimmy and I spent the rest of the day (all 8 hours of it) trying to get him to stop crying for more than 10 minutes and simultaneously trying to convince Kyle and Molly that parenthood is indeed fun. I'm pretty sure we failed on both accounts...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sure seems like James responds to high pitched happy voices. But after a while … (the grumpy part) well, his grumpiness would be lost in a large group --- but also large groups are a distraction …
My knee-jerk reaction is to always fix things. (see above)
My memories are filled with both tears and laughter I could never figure out. James sure seems to be a handful at times --- probably because he is so interested in everything. I love his smiles ….and his pouts. The two extremes builds memories for me. Both extremes – I remember well from James’s father. Oh, if I could turn back the clock to hear the laughter or the crying!
To have all my three boys come over this last Saturday – wow. As I clipped the vines and branches – I watched them. They worked hard – they cooperated with each other. They did not grumble. On that very spot where years ago tears (and laughter) were heard. I am rich indeed. (I do not say this lightly) --- It’s hard to convey to couples taking the no-kid route.

KP said...

Don't fret, friend. While I'm glad I wasn't the one having to figure out how to make Junior happy for eight straight hours, I'm really of the opinion that you think he was worse than we thought he was. :) Plus, the weight of our future parenthood (or, rather, lack thereof) isn't on your shoulders -- I've seen the pluses along with the minuses -- so don't stress yourself out about it all. You're great, Junior is great. Also? Those styrofoam peanut thingeys. They're REALLY great.

Anonymous said...

Chettie, you have REAL friends in Kyle and Molly. I remember when all my friends had kids, and I didn't, I would go over to visit them & their kids would get into a crying jag. I would leave there frustrated and pissed off because I couldn't visit with the parents. How selfish is that? Well, your friends Kyle and Molly are no such thing. Looking back now, and having kids of my own, I toss all those thoughts of selfishness. You can't control the fits, don't try, just accept the fits, it puts everyone at more ease if you are at ease. And please, by all means, hum you are my sunshine to him or what ever else song that you can think of. That's why I told you to do that while the Bman was in utero. It always works for him, always.

Love you guys,
Antie Wowrie