100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

How fast the time has flown - I can't believe Buster is already almost 5 months old! We've almost survived a half a year! It's so fun to watch him learn and become more and more aware of the world around him. As I type this he is intently watching me - "what is mommy doing with her fingers? How does she make that noise?" He even stopped playing to watch me. I can see the wheels turning in his mind.


This year we have much to be thankful for - it was such a hectic, stressful year I'm just thankful we survived it! So in honor of Thanksgiving here is my list of 20 things I'm thankful for (in case you couldn't tell, I really like making lists :) )



  1. I am thankful for our house. It's more than I ever dreamed we would get.

  2. I am thankful that Buster is healthy.

  3. I am thankful that Buster is happy!

  4. I am thankful for Buster's goofy red mohawk.

  5. I am thankful that I finally finished my thesis!

  6. I am thankful for Saturday mornings (I get to sleep in).

  7. I am thankful for Big Jimmy.

  8. I am thankful for the Nintendo Wii - quite possibly the best gaming platform ever.

  9. I am thankful that Buster is beginning to be able to entertain himself so I can take these 5 minutes and blog about him.

  10. I am thankful that my cats have stopped pooping on the couch.

  11. I am thankful for all the help we received right after Buster was born.

  12. I am thankful for anesthesiologists.

  13. I am thankful for Buster's laugh.

  14. I am thankful that Classic Slice pizza is right by my house and oh so yummy! (I am also thankful that Chris told us about Classic Slice).

  15. I am thankful for my friends who have stood by us during this crazy crazy time.

  16. I am thankful for Buster's smile - it lights up a room.

  17. I am thankful that Buster smiles when he sees me. I think it's his way of communicating that he loves me

  18. I am thankful for pacifiers and swings

  19. I am thankful for my cats.

  20. I am thankful for my family without whose help we woudl surely be lost.

Now I challenge all of you to make your own Thanksgiving lists!


Gratuitous Buster picture:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. I am thankful that oxy is no longer my other "lover"
2. I am thankful that my daughter is rediscovering me
3. I am thankful that Buster loves when I sing or hum to him
4. I am thankful for Buster's smile at me when I enter the room
5. I am thankful that my family has stuck by me through thick and thin
6. I am thankful that Buster has helped me to stay clean
7. I am thankful that soon I will have a life of my own again
8. I am so very thankful for Diet Mtn Dew
9. I am thankful that by staying clean my life has changed so much, such as I can FINALLY babysit Buster
10. And Finally, I am so thankful that MY family gives me unconditional love. Thank you Chettie, Jimmy, Deb, Kurt, Cari, Sam, and BUSTER (who doesn't know anything buy unconditional love right now.).

Lori