100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Food, glorious food!

All the books we've read (and being pseudo-academics we've read a lot of books) said that you'll know when your kid is ready for solids. How can this be, I would ask. It's amazing. You just know. Our first clue was when Buster would intently watch us eat. I mean intently. He was so into what we were doing. Our second clue was when he started eating 8oz every 3-4 hours. It seemed like all we were doing was feeding him! Our third clue came when Lori bought us some rice cereal. Still, we put it off. Solids are scary! That's like real eating! That's messy! We knew he was ready, but we weren't sure *we* were ready. But Buster comes from stubborn stock and eventually he won. So Friday was our first solids experience!


You can tell he's excited...look at the concentration on his face.


The first bite! I have to say, I was amazed that he knew exactly what to do. I don't know what I was expecting, but he seemed to have it down pat right out of the starting gate.


I think he's trying to decide if he likes it...

Success! Food is yummy! (Actually, it's not. In keeping with my trend of trying everything that Buster eats I can assure you that rice cereal is very reminiscent of wet cardboard.)

Oh, one other thing I wasn't prepared for? The mess! As you can tell from the above pictures the food gets everywhere. This is only compounded by Buster's insistence on a) helping to feed himself b) eat his hands c) eat his feet. I'm pretty sure we're in for nightly baths from here on out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chet,
Always keep the spoon at the ready to scoop off the face. That is half the fun. OK, not real fun, but, something to do while the B man is eating. I can't even believe I am writing this, but, I used to try and see how clean I could keep the kids while I was feeding them. You know, the laziest people are the most efficient.

Auntie Lori

Adam Drake said...

Nice work, guys. Gosh, he's getting to be such a big kid. Tori is going to have such fun with him Saturday :)