100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Words!!

Words!!! Buster can communicate (albeit a little haphazardly and needing a translator i.e. me). When we went to his last well check-up the nurse asked how many words Buster can say, which had me panicked. I never counted, I never thought about it. How many words is he supposed to say? Once I started paying attention, he can say a lot! And he learns new words every day! He can understand about 99% of what we say (which means no more swearing), but he can't quite form all the words. Below is a list of the words he can say and the rough meaning behind them. Most of the meaning behind is speaking has to do with where he puts the inflection as well as how long he holds out a syllable:
  1. Teeth (said when he wants to brush his teeth and/or needs Tylenol)
  2. Kitty (said while maniacally chasing the cats around)
  3. mmmmma (milk)
  4. Mama (either me or one of the grandma)
  5. Dada (Jim - he gets his own name without sharing)
  6. Bu-pa (Grandpa Neumann)
  7. Bum-pa (Grandpa Mason)
  8. no
  9. again
  10. yes
  11. this
  12. puppy
  13. Out
  14. Cheese (Cheers - I taught him how to toast - it's very cute)
  15. nom-nom (food, he's hungry)
  16. Raisin
  17. Cheeerrss (Cheerios)
  18. TV
  19. tree (learned after we put up the Christmas tree)
  20. shoes
  21. boots
  22. juice
  23. book
  24. ball
  25. Big Bird
  26. Bert
  27. Elmo (which sounds like Melmo)
  28. bye
  29. bed
  30. night night
  31. Hot!!

3 comments:

Ema said...

I always LOVED the emerging speech phase! Some of those words are still in play here- when my daughter was born, her 4th brother could not say "girl" it came out gril. . .so I STILL call her my baby gril!

Anonymous said...

C'mon, where are the swear words here?! Buster's gonna have to spend the evening with Godmomma Becky soon...

Adam Drake said...

I think you left some out:

Wii
Xbox
Beer