100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

Friday, December 19, 2008

This never happens on the Housewives of Orange County

Oy! What a weekend. The terrible twos have overtaken our home much like the snow outside has taken over the roads. I am so glad to be back at work and have some quiet, non-Buster time. Where to begin? Well...the biting has begun again. We're doing everythign we can to curb it, but it seems Buster has other plans. He's also teething again. The cool thing, though, is that he can tell us now that his teeth hurt so we can give him Tylenol. Gone are the days of trying to magically figure out what's wrong! It's very helpful that he's so communicative. On Friday, during my first snow day of the year (which I usually love), Buster and I did nothing but fight. I'm pretty sure he purposely did everything which he knows he shouldn't do. Cognitively, this is a huge step - he's learning and pushing his boundaries and seeing what he can and cant' get away with. Parentively (not a real word, I just made it up), it's a nightmare. Both Jim and I hate ourselves. It seems like the only things we said this weekend were "no" "please stop" "don't do that", etc. Let's just say that both of us were extremely grateful to go to work today.

The title of the blog comes from Jim who said it when we were all in the kitchen and Buster was yelling and throwing stuff around.

3 comments:

Ema said...

I found a frozen carrot worked the best for my biter. . .unless you want ot produce a sibiling for him to bite. . .you know, to take the heat off you two. . .my son's baby brother worked like a charm to get him to stop biting me. . .:)

M

Adam Drake said...

I say bite him back. Becky did that to Tori and that was the last day she bit.

Chetter said...

We've tried biting back. He just laughs and thinks it's a game, which makes him bite us again.