100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Life will never be the same

The world lost an amazing person on January 1st, but Heaven gained an even better angel. Our Auntie Lori passed away peacefully and unexpectedly in her sleep. Even as I type this I am welling up. It has taken me a week to be able to write it down. Writing it down makes it seem so final and my irrational side keeps hoping we'll get a phone call that says it was all a huge mistake and mixup. I almost didn't want to blog anymore, but Auntie Lori loved this blog. She loved reading about Buster and looking at his pictures. She loved commenting (if you want a treat and need a laugh, go through and read some of her witticisms). She loved Buster. She loved family. But she loved her own children the most.

We are still reeling and trying to adjust to life without Lori. It will be hard and life will never again be the same. But I am confident that we will come together as a family and adjust in time. I have so many regrets but more than regrets I have good memories. Buster loved her. He would smile and get excited every time he saw her. She was able to calm him down when none of us (not even Jim and I) could. As I go forward in this journey of parenthood without her I take her parenting cues with me and her tips and tricks she has bestowed upon me. All of our lives will be more difficult and a little more lonely without her.

Lori Jo Heicher - mother, sister, aunt, best friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Lori will be missed deeply