100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

100 Reasons to have a kid. 4 million not to.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Video!!

We mistakenly? amazingly? introduced Buster to the world of Baby Einstein a few weeks back. I don't quite remember what prompted this as before then we didn't really use the TV as a babysitter. But...apparently we were both busy or he was crabby and so...in went the video. Since then, all we hear is "Video!" While I'm happy that he's speaking a three syllable word, it still gives me pause. Is this a good thing that he sits catatonic listening to Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart while watching animals on a screen? I tell myself that at least it's educational and he still prefers to play (outside) over watching the video. The other night he woke up at about 10pm. I went in to ask what he wanted and he sleepily replied "video". Uh-oh.


However, days like today make me glad there are videos. I am sick. Beyond sick. And Jim has to work today. All day. I'm pretty sure I have the swine flu, but it could just be the common cold. I can be pretty melodramatic when I'm sick. My head is pounding, I can barely swallow, my glands are swollen and my neck is stiff. All of which point to a couple of things - malaria, meningitis, swine flu....or the common cold. So...I'm so glad for the Baby Einstein people. I may write them a letter professing my undying love for them.


Enjoy this picture of the last time Jim was sick. We hadn't learned about the magic of videos
yet...

2 comments:

KP said...

Hahahahahahaha--great pic!

laurafingerson said...

Oh yes, there is *definitely* a place for Baby Einstein videos!! Hooray for the invention of the television! Hope you feel better....it is not fair to be a parent of a toddler and be sick.